Senior animal technician to conduct in vivo studies in mice and rats in our local vivarium. Will also be required to culture and work with BSL2 level infectious agents. This position will directly support our Cloudbreak and CD101 programs by providing critical PK/PD and efficacy data to support compound development activities. Position reports to Director, Preclinical Development.
- Develop/validate various models of infectious disease (ID) using bacterial and fungal pathogens
- Conduct PK/PD studies in mice and rats
- Run tolerability studies
- Conduct efficacy studies in mouse/rat models of ID
- Prepare bacterial and fungal cultures for various ID models
- Collect, analyze, and archive data
- Schedule and coordinate with vivarium staff to support animal studies
- Track and order animals to support in vivo studies
- Discuss and design studies with senior leadership
- At least 3 years of previous related research and/or handling including experience with various dosing routes
- Prior experience in handling small animals safely, efficiently, and humanely
- Ability to accurately administer test articles by standard routes – PO, SC, IP, IM, IV
- Prior experience working with standard inoculation routes – IP, IV, IN, IT, IM
- Experience with non-terminal bleeding in rodents
- Ability to work with large numbers of animals in a single study
- Experience determining tissue burden of infectious agents – lung, kidney, thigh, etc.
- Working knowledge of Excel and ability to organize large data sets
- Comfortable culturing, handling, and quantitating BSL2 level pathogens
- Ability to work independently when necessary
- Good communicator, willing to work collaboratively with other departments
- High degree of scientific integrity; ability to report problems/mistakes when they occur so solutions can be found
- Requires reliable transportation to commute between Cidara and our vivarium (5 miles)
- Prior experience with bacterial pneumonia models
- Prior experience working with fungal pathogens (Candida, Aspergillus)
- Microbiology background
The content of this position description provides a summary of the general nature of the job and may include other duties as assumed or assigned. The Company reserves the right to change this description at any time and require the employee to perform other tasks as required due to business needs.
Cidara Therapeutics is an E-Verify Company.